Followers

Thursday 25 November 2010

Let it snow.........

Every time I go to the NEC and see Barbara Grey demonstrating, I'm so in awe that I really feel the need to drag my brayer out.  I've tried and tried to master the art of brayering, but I've never really managed it and the box of lovely shiney postcards that I bought along with the brayer is slowly emptying with most of them ending up in the bin.

But, I've given it another go and I'm actually quite pleased with the result.  I don't know what I did differently this time and I'm sure I won't be able to do it again, but this is what I used and how I did it:

I tore a piece of copy paper to form snowdrifts and put a 2p sized circle at the top of my card where the moon was going to be.  I placed the copy paper at the bottom of the card and inked up my brayer with Adirondack Winter Sky.  I used a Clarity stamp to put the clouds in place in front of the moon.  I then stamped the trees in place.  The stamp is called 'A grove of trees' and it's by Art Impressions.  I added a bit of glitter to the trees but I don't think this shows up on the photo.  To give the impression of snow peaks I used my torn piece of copy paper and a make up sponge.  The sentiment stamp is from Elzybells. I mounted the picture onto some dark blue card and then onto a 6 x 6 white card blank.

Well, that's it - nothing like the cards Barbara makes, but I did enjoy making it.  I'm sure the brayer'll now go back into the drawer now until Barbara's next show on C&C or the NEC in March.

Bye for now.x

11 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, Sue! I love the brayered sky, and those soft snow peaks are perfect. I really like the effect in front of the moon too. You should definitely keep your brayer out a bit longer, your work is stunning! x

Victoria said...

Wow this is stunning Sue! You've done a fab job. Love the trees!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Jackie said...

This is superb :)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

WOW this is beautiful Sue.
luv
Debby

Linny said...

Stunning Sue. I have tried and tried as well. LOL. I now have the brushes that look like shaving brushes so I will give them a try. Linda

pickle said...

You are far to hard on yourse;f Sue ! this is absuloutely beautiful.
Kerry x

Julie said...

I agree with Kerry, I don't know why you feel you haven't mastered it, your card is lovely and to my mind beautifully done.

Sarpreet said...

Hi, this is so beautiful.

Linny said...

Thanks for your comments Sue on my blog. Yes I did use the brushes on my Snowman card,a much softer finish.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is an absolute stunner!

Sarn said...

OMG . . . I LOVE this card. I know EXACTLY how you feel about seeing Barbara Grey in action and then feeling totally inadequate with your own attempts at doing SOMETHING with your brayer! Great job here though! Keep going.