Followers

Friday 19 June 2009

Distressed Forever Friends


Hi everyone, hope you've had a good week. Glad it Friday at last. I'm off to London tomorrow on a Hen weekend so just wanted to post this card before I go.
I had a go at the distressed look as I treated myself to a Tim Holtz edge distresser and a blending tool. I don't think I was brave enough with this to give it a real aged look, I think I need to practise more. This is what I used:


Forever Friends stamp
SU sentiment stamp
SU Scallop Edge Punch
Tim Holtz edge distresser, blending tool and Distress Inks
K & Co Paper
Nesties
HOTP swirl stamp
Raffia and a piece of dried flower from stash

The image has been mounted on 3D foam so has caused a bit of a shadow at the bottom, so please just ignore that, it wasn't supposed to be there!

Hope you all enjoy whatever it is you have planned for the next few days.x

14 comments :

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card even though I'm not into FF, love your distressing. Have a great weekend :o)
Jackie xx

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely card, love your distressing and colours. Elaine

Julie said...

lovely card Sue, I like the papers and the distressing.

Anonymous said...

Wow Sue, this is gorgeous,
Sue x

Sonia said...

Love it Sue :) Now distressing is something i wouldn't mind trying but am always worried i will ruin the card lol..
Have a great time in London :)
Hugs Sonia xx

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Sue. I think your distressing looks fab! I hope you've had a great time in London with all the other Hen's!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Joey said...

Hiya Sue,

I love everything about this card! gorgeous work.

Joey.x

Sarpreet said...

stunning card, i dont think you need practise!

MeandLilG said...

Hi Sue! I love this big lots - just my style! Beautiful colours, too xxx

Lexxie said...

Gorgeous Sue, love all the distressing. The whole card is beautifully put together,
Love Sarita xx

gina g said...

Hi Sue gorgeous card i think you've done a fab job of the distressing. luv gina xx

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Fantastic - I love this stamp and am so impressed how it's been used here ! :0)

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Love the distressed / vintage feel you've achieved! Love how you've stamped the SU sentiment onto the DP as well, looks like it was already there!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Stacey said...

Brilliant layout, I really love it. Your distressing is fab ~x~