Followers

Saturday 13 February 2016

Less is More Week 263 - One Layer Card

Hi folks, hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I've mostly spent today having a bit of a craft room clear out and trying to get my stash a bit more organised - I don't know about you, but I waste so much time searching for things when I could actually be doing some craft.  

Anyway, I did manage to make a card for this week's Less Is More challenge, and this is what it is:


ONE LAYER CARD
 and we would like to have you
INCLUDE A STEM


The stamp I used is one of the first I ever bought and shamefully have never used - mostly because I wasn't sure how to colour it.  I decided to use my recently acquired Spectrum Aquas and I used a technique demonstrated by Crafter's Companion's Fiona.  I stamped and embossed the image and then used the pens by scribbling a small amount onto a craft mat and then applying it to the flower  I'm quite pleased with this first attempt.  The sentiment stamp is from a Stampin Up set.

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sue.x

15 comments :

Maria Valente said...

This is such a beautiful card and the technique you've used is one of my favourites! So elegant!
Hugs

Ankie vd Polder said...

Beautiful and elegant too. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Kathyk said...

This is beautiful and your stunning image is further lifted by the delicate colourwashed background

Kathyk

Esther said...

I think you've got the colouring just perfect. Gorgeous image and a really effective OLC for the LIM challenge. Nice one!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Elegant, Classy, Delicate, Stunning! What a gorgeous creation you have made.
Sharon xx

Chrissie said...

This is super, and your colouring is terrific... so effective for this image!
Thanks so much Sue
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wonderful card Sue!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Glittertastic said...

This is a real stunner!

Sharon
x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What an adorable and super elegant stamped image, coloured beautifully and a perfect one layer creation! Thanks for playing along this week at Less is More.
Sarah

Susan said...

Love that image...and your coloring looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Your colouring is beautiful, can't believe it's your first attempt at the technique. Karen x

gail said...

gorgeous card and such stunning colouring, I love the stamp and sentiment xx

Anne said...

Wow! Awesome colouring, you've certainly taken to this technique!
Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
Anne
"Less is More"

Lou said...

Wow what a beautiful delicate card, perfect for the sentiment. Lou x

Bonnie said...

Beautifully colored, Sue! Love all that white space with the mixed media!