Followers

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Four cards in a day - wow!

I've a few cards to share with you today! Each a different style.  I find that C&S is my usual favourite but now and again I do like a play.

My first card is definitely C&S and was made using some fab new stamps I bought from the Great British Craft Festival on Saturday.  You can find them here.  I haven't seen them before but loved the style straight away. I'm sure more of their stamps will find their way into my stash at some point.

For this card I used stamps from two different sets:
Ornamental Frames and Dressed to Kill.  The frames are fabulous and will have endless use I'm sure.

I just used Prismas to add a bit of colour and a ribbon and that's it for a very C&S card.

Next, also from the GBCF I saw Ali Reeve demonstrating and loved to see her cards in the flesh, so much better than on screen when I've watched her on Create and Craft.  I decided to have a go at the card sample she had on display (and on her blog). I enjoyed doing it but not sure it will be my Christmas card to family and friends this year (probably a bit to grungy for non crafters).

You can't see from the photo but the holly frame is embossed in black and gold.

Next:

I love the new Twill Stripe papers from Pink Petticoat so decided to use them for my niece's birthday card, the modern look is perfect for her.  I made a version of the card Liz made which you can see here on her blog - I always admire her style.


The doily and butterfly were cut out with my Cameo.  The sentiment ribbon is also from Pink Petticoat and the other scallops are Spellbinders Edgeabilities and Stampin Up Scallop Border punch which I punched on both sides to create my own border.

Finally, a bit of CD crafting.  A simple Forever Friends image with a sentiment done in Digital Designer, some background paper, flower embellishment and a few pearls.

  
There you go, lots of different ways of crafting - it's never dull is it! Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.

Sue.x

2 comments :

Jackie said...

Fabulous selection of cards. I love the first one, makes me think of David Niven :o)
Jackie xx

Julie said...

four great cards Sue