I've had a Bind it All machine sitting on a shelf for about 3 years and never had the courage to use it before now. It just looks so scary - I hadn't a clue where to start. But, I thought it was time to tackle it so started with this simple notebook.
I cut two pieces of scrap chipboard (it was the back of one of those reinforced envelopes - you know the ones where the sender doesn't want whatever's in it bent - a nice bit of recycling) 10cm square and covered the front and inside of each piece with HOTP papers. I attached my ribbon with the brads before sticking the inside piece of paper to make it nice and neat. I then cut a big wad of copies paper just a little less that 10cm and cut through the chipboard and then the paper with the BIA. I used a 3/4 wire - I quite like that oversized look.
Finally, I made the rosette for the front using a 12" x 1 1/2" strip of paper which I punched with a Martha Stewart punch and scored every 1/4" along the long side. I then folded zigzag and fixed the two ends. The next bit is hard to explain but you can find a great tutorial HERE on how to finish it off.
I used a brad from the Papermania brad making kit to finish it off.
I really enjoyed making this an will definitely be doing more. Using a 10cm square piece for this first project helped a lot because it's the width of the BIA so no lining up or trying to get the last hole in the right place. That's the next challenge.
Thanks for dropping by and have a good day.