Sunday, 22 April 2012

Bind it all post it notes


I've been playing with my Bind it all again today and found a great little youtube tutorial HERE to make these lovely little Post It Note holders. They're so easy to do and my daughter will just love this (she's a bit of a stationery fanatic and just loves notebooks, highlighter pens, etc - no wonder she stayed in education until she was 21 - lol).

I used Pink Petticoat papers to cover the chipboard.  The ribbon is from my stash.  That's all there is to it really.  another fun little project to make.

Dig out those dusty BIA machines girls and give it a go. 

Have a good evening.


Saturday, 21 April 2012

Scalloped circle easel card

I used the Belleek Pottery inspired technique again for the background of this card. I really love how it makes the embossing pop when you use an embossing folder.  The folder I've used in this case is Cuttlebug Divine Swirl and I used a Versacolor pad in Orchid for the background colour.  You can find the Belleek technique here on the Splitcoaststampers website.  

I used my Grand Scalloped Circle and Grand Circle nesties for the card base and inner circle.  (btw, I got a couple of sets of Grand Nesties on sale at Hobbycraft this week - £19.99 per set, so if you have a Hobbycraft near you and would like to grab a bargain, pop in and see if they have any left).

The flowers and butterfly punches are from Crafts Too and the leaves are a Sizzix die.  I dotted some Liquid Pearls in the centres of the flowers and along the bodies of the butterflies.

The sentiment and oval punches are from Stampin Up.

I'm going to have a play with my Craft Artist Professional this afternoon - such a fun piece of software and so easy to use.  I'm hoping to make some mini albums and get some more use out of my Bind It All machine.

Hope you're having a good weekend so far.


Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Papertake challenge - A stitch in time

Edit: I wasn't really happy with my first card; I wanted the rosebud paper to look stitched to the background card so I had another go at printing directly onto the card.  This time I was a bit more successful, but got it a bit too far to the right so I just added a bit of ribbon down the side to camouflage the wide margin and moved the bobbin to the bottom corner  - I think it's better.*

Thought I'd have a go at this week's Papertake Weekly challenge, stitch-in-time as I have this cute little digistamp from pinkpetticoat to go with the theme of stitching on your card (faux or real).  I also used Pink Petticoat Vintage Rose collection paper for the background.  

*This was my first card:

I opened the rose background paper in Craft Artist and used one of the brushes in the software to do my stitching. I messed up when it came to printing directly onto my card blank so had to cut it down and mounted it onto a scalloped edge card instead.  The little button was one I cut from one of hubbie's old shirts he was throwing out.  I will remove the pin before sending it to anyone though - don't want to cause them any more


Bind it all notebook

I've had a Bind it All machine sitting on a shelf for about 3 years and never had the courage to use it before now. It just looks so scary - I hadn't a clue where to start.  But, I thought it was time to tackle it so started with this simple notebook.

I cut two pieces of scrap chipboard (it was the back of one of those reinforced envelopes - you know the ones where the sender doesn't want whatever's in it bent - a nice bit of recycling) 10cm square and covered the front and inside of each piece with HOTP papers.  I attached my ribbon with the brads before sticking the inside piece of paper to make it nice and neat.  I then cut a big wad of copies paper just a little less that 10cm and cut through the chipboard and then the paper with the BIA.  I used a 3/4 wire - I quite like that oversized look.

Finally, I made the rosette for the front using a 12" x 1 1/2" strip of paper which I punched with a Martha Stewart punch and scored every 1/4" along the long side.  I then folded zigzag and fixed the two ends.  The next bit is hard to explain but you can find a great tutorial HERE on how to finish it off.

I used a brad from the Papermania brad making kit to finish it off.

I really enjoyed making this an will definitely be doing more. Using a 10cm square piece for this first project helped a lot because it's the width of the BIA so no lining up or trying to get the last hole in the right place.  That's the next challenge.

Thanks for dropping by and have a good day.


Monday, 16 April 2012

New beginnings

Hi folks. Long time no post.  I made a big boob and deleted my blog for a while - thankfully blogger gives you 90 days to re-instate it if you change your mind.  As many of you will identify with, a blog takes a lot of work and time to keep up and running - to add entries and respond to lovely comments from friends and followers and that's the reason I felt I couldn't keep up with it as well as making cards and other crafting project and so I took the decision to remove my blog altogether - no temptation to dip in and out if it's deleted.  

The only problem was that I lost all interest in my crafts after I pressed the delete button.  My mojo just went walk about.  I realised my blog was my inspiration and I really missed the crafting community we are all part of and the regular comments from people who have been with me right from the beginning - you know who you are, and those whi have joined me on the way, so hence the title of this post 'New Beginnings'.  I'm really looking forward to getting my mojo back and getting back into the crafting community.  So folks, think twice before hitting that delete button and I hope you will continue to drop by occasionally.