Followers

Saturday 17 April 2010

Simple but elegant


I recently went into one of those posh, elegant shops that always smells gorgeous as you walk through the door (pot pourri or scented candles) and they usually sell small but pretty pieces of furniture (usually in white or cream) and lots of little beautiful ornaments, I'm sure you know the type. I had a little browse through the cards they had on sale and loved the sketchy, tasteful looking simple cards they stocked.
I thought that this Rubber Romance stamp would be perfect for this style. I stamped her onto silver glitter card and just cut out the dress and pieced it onto the image. I added a couple of crystals for her necklace and earring.


The sentiment stamp is from Clarity Stamps, a great stamp for filling in a big space. And finally, the gorgeous tassle is from my new set of foam stamps from QVC.
A very simple card to do, but I think it looks quite elegant.

I'm off to enjoy the beautiful weather now, lots to do in the garden now it's sprung into life.

Hope you have a good weekend.x

4 comments :

Sarpreet said...

so gorgeous - i love this syle of card

Little K Smith said...

Fab card Sue, love the image, really Audrey Hepburn-ish.
Kelly.x

Sarn said...

WOW . . . very clean and simple, but oh so elegant! LOVE IT!

Teri Terrific said...

WOW! Stunning card!