Followers

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Silhouette Gable Box and Miniboox Baby Card

I wanted to make a special baby card for my sister's partner's son's new baby girl (sorry if that is somewhat confusing, I think families are a bit like that these days), so like them or loathe them (I can't decide which camp I'm in, but everyone I've made a card for using one of these seems to love it) I bought another Keepsake board. This one is the Miniboox. I saw the Glitter Girls demonstrating this on Create and Craft a few weeks ago and do like the shapes you get and think you can make some pretty little cards. I do think it depends on how over the top with the decoration you go that determines whether they are lovely or really hideous. I hope this doesn't fall in the hideous category.

I had to really rush to get it finished last night before taking it to my sister's, so please excuse the not so good photo. I photographed it lying down to try to get some light on it and then my camera packed up before I could get a 3D shot of it. It opens out with another layer behind so it will stand up and I added a sentiment on each side.

The lovely mirri card was from Hobbycraft, as was the matching ribbon and roses. The baby image was downloaded from the internet and the sentiment was done on the computer.

My sister loved the card and asked if she was going to get one the same when she gets married and has another baby. lol

Another little project I want to show you is this little gable box. I wanted to do these for little Christmas goodies for my mom and sisters but ran out of time, so they got them a bit late, they loved them all the same (especially when they opened them up)

I cut the shape out with my lovely Silhouette machine using this lovely snowflake card. The snowflake is made with a Sizzix die and a Sizzlet die and covered with Twinklets Diamond Dust. They were then filled with chocolate covered walnuts (a favourite in my family). They really did turn out lovely little treats.X

3 comments :

Sarpreet said...

Both are gorgeous, love it x

Julie said...

Not too much of a fan of the keepsake boards myself but you've done a great job with yours, definitely not hideous! The box looks good too

pickle said...

Beautiful xx