Followers

Friday 1 January 2010

Quickutz Silhouette Bargains!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you've had a fab Christmas with your families and friends. Now that it's all over for another year the Christmas stamps have now been put back in the box and tucked away until next year.

I want to share a few things with you today. Firstly, these beautiful Quickutz Silhouette shapes I bought in the sale from the online store for just 99 cents each! I've cut them out with white card and coloured them with a black Versacolour ink pad, but of course they can be any colour you choose. I've just laid them onto a sheet of card to photograph them so you can see them properly. The beauty of this system is that I don't have to store loads of dies and the cost is just amazing - even at full price they are only $1.99.



Next, I want to show off my new full collection of Prisma pencils. I've collected the whole 132 colours! I started off with a box of 48 from E-bay and love them so much that I been buying them a bunch at a time from a really great guy in Scotland called Tony Stirk (if you're a Do-Crafter you will know who I mean). I finally got the last 25 from Santa. All I need now is something to store them in properly.


And finally, I know these aren't everybody's cuppa tea, but I did this Bookatrix card for my mom for Christmas. I've had this beautiful decoupage sheet with three different images of candles and holly for years (from my early days in crafting when I hadn't yet been caught by the stamping bug). I decided on different tones and texture of silver card to go with the pink of the candles. The text was done on the computer and cut out with Nesties and a bit of ribbon to finish. Mom just loved it and thought I must have taken ages to make it, but anyone who has this board knows how quick it is to put together. The most time consuming part was cutting out the decoupage.


I will be round to see what everyone else is up to very soon. Take care and enjoy the weekend. x

5 comments :

Victoria said...

This Bookatrix card is stunning Sue and I'm sure your mum loved it! Congrats on your new bargains! What a fab price!
Happy New Year hun!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Sarpreet said...

welcome back to blogland, Happy new years, hope your christmas was fab. I love your new purchases. Fabulous! I love the bookatrix card it is gorgeous - it isnt my cuppa of tea and not something I would make, but i love what you have done with it

Lexxie said...

Love your book Sue, I'm sure your mum will treasure it, and I'm so envious of your goodies! Very tempted to get a Silhouette now!
A very Happy New Year to you Sue,
Love Sarita xx

Stacey said...

Wow! Check out your bargains! They are all fab and I can't wait to see your colouring with a full set of Prismas! ~x~

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Bookatrix, the silvers are just perfect with the candles.
Lucky you on the Prismas! I'm a Do-crafter but not sure who this guy is and am tempted with the Prismas. Your colouring is just amazing with them.
xx :0)