Followers

Monday 14 September 2009

Vintage/Distressed Christmas Cheer

I'm on a bit of a roll with this stamp. Three cards in one afternoon, that's a first for me.

Gave this one a bit of a vintage/distressed look. I used:

Papermania Bauble Decoration stamp
Distress inks: Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Just for Fun Crackle Stamp (I've had this for year and only used it a couple of times but I like the effect so may use it more often).
Gold embossing powder
Ribbon from stash
Tim Holtz distressing tool
Brilliance Graphite Black inkpad
Clear embossing powder
Gold glitter glue

You may not be able to tell from the picture but the crackle is done in gold embossing powder which gives a nice sheen. I've also distressed around the edge of the card and added black ink and then embossed it. I finished by adding a bit of gold glitter to some of the dots.


Here's a close up of the gold glitter dots and distressed edge.

10 comments :

Lorraine said...

Love your designs Sue just beautiful

Sarah said...

This is very classy Sue! I'm not usually a distressed fan, but this looks great.
Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
xx :0)

Jackie said...

Gorgeous in this colour and I love it in all the colours you've made it in :o)
Jackie xx

Elaine Stark said...

I love this one too. Elaine

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

Love this one too Sue ...............K x

Steph Roberts said...

So lovely what a gorgeous card

Anonymous said...

Stunning....just stunning!! x

Kathleen said...

this is beautiful. Might just have to copy it.
Did you distress the edges or emboss the crackle first?
Kathleen

sharon said...

Hi

I love your design, but where did you buy your crackle stamp, I've been looking around for ages but can;t find one similer.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

INSERT